
Sometimes, it is so hard to let go of our will and turn everything completely over to the Lord. It is easier to give our lives over to the Lord when everything is going smoothly, no rough waters ahead. Fear can set in tendencies to keep what we have, to paralyze us. Having the faith and the strength to put our life into the Lord's hands is blind faith.
Many say they have the faith and they trust in the Lord but when pushed or challenged many falter. Whether it be with tithing, church attendance, temple attendance or letting go of your will.
I am always reminded of the Indiana Jones Movie, tombstone where they have to take the leap of faith. And when we submit to the Lord's will Heavenly Father is always there to surround us with his love and security. Our testimonies and families are strengthened and our convictions grow deeper.
My full submission to the Lord's will came when Dash was six months old. This was Dash's second time getting RSV. A very life threatening condition for premature babies. I had struggled all day with Dash and his feedings. He would always choke out and stop breathing. He would turn glorious shades of blues and purple and the fast plummeting sounds of the alarms would beep faster and the heart monitor alarms would beep slower and I would hear the piercing blood curdling high pitch alarm which would indicate we were in grave danger. Through the grace of God,I pulled him through each time. These episodes became the norm right before he would get really sick.
I had left for a church meeting and Mr. Incredible took over. Our baby had finally worn down and the ambulance was called out three times to our home by our 9 yr. old, Warrior. A young boy who was asked to become a man, making and giving crucial information to the 911 operator.
Mr. Incredible could not bring him around and he was rushed via ambulance to the closest hospital. Mr. Incredible had started CPR on Dash until the paramedics arrived. He ever so lightly puffed as we were trained to do, he could hear the clogged flem escape from his passage way. Sweetheart who was 2 1/2 yrs. old was traumatized by this night. For a full year each time she heard sirens or saw emergency lights she would scream in utter terror and wet herself. WE worked hard to help her through this.
This bout of RSV was severe. He needed to be transported to a different hospital but was not stable enough to make the transport. They felt they would lose him if they transported him. We were stuck in a hospital that could not help him. I watched five skilled people attend to him and watched his lips continue to turn to a sickly grey.
Dash needed a blessing. I didn't care that it was 2am. He needed one and woke the whole ward looking for one who could attend and get there quickly. Doctors were skeptical and lurked near by as a blessing was given. Very shortly, Dash stabilized and was capable of being transported.
I did not leave his side. I did not shower. I did not sleep, I did not eat. Mr. Incredible took care of EVERYTHING! He worked from home, he took care of three children, he cooked for them every night and he cleaned. He truly is amazing.
How many men do you know can step up like that?
Eleven days had gone by and I was getting snippy with everyone and agitated with the nurses. I HAD to hit the nurse call button many times when I finally panicked and would shout, "GET IN HERE" He's NOT BREATHING!!as I watched his sat levels drop to single digits. I did not feel at anytime that I could leave his side. I didn't want my baby to hit a code blue before the nurses would enter his room. So, I stood vigil.
I broke down in tears and in frustration and Mr. Incredible adamantly insisted that I go home and see our other children, that I take a shower and get some sleep. I surprisingly, went without resistance. He would be there for Dash.
Before I left doctors arrived with disappointing news. Dash needed to make a change for the better or they would paralyze him and intubate him so the machines would breathe for him. If they had to do this it would not be a good sign. I left the hospital knowing that I might receive a phone call that he had passed.
I arrived home and I took a much needed hot shower. In the shower, I poured my soul unto the Lord. I couldn't go on like this anymore. I couldn't take it anymore. I had fought with every ounce that I had to keep my son, here on earth with me. I felt like as hard as I was fighting to keep him here with me, forces were fighting to take him.
I gave complete will over to Heavenly Father. If he wanted him, he could take him because I was through. I couldn't carry on like this anymore. My fight was over. If He needed him more than I He should take him.
Many say they have the faith and they trust in the Lord but when pushed or challenged many falter. Whether it be with tithing, church attendance, temple attendance or letting go of your will.
I am always reminded of the Indiana Jones Movie, tombstone where they have to take the leap of faith. And when we submit to the Lord's will Heavenly Father is always there to surround us with his love and security. Our testimonies and families are strengthened and our convictions grow deeper.
My full submission to the Lord's will came when Dash was six months old. This was Dash's second time getting RSV. A very life threatening condition for premature babies. I had struggled all day with Dash and his feedings. He would always choke out and stop breathing. He would turn glorious shades of blues and purple and the fast plummeting sounds of the alarms would beep faster and the heart monitor alarms would beep slower and I would hear the piercing blood curdling high pitch alarm which would indicate we were in grave danger. Through the grace of God,I pulled him through each time. These episodes became the norm right before he would get really sick.
I had left for a church meeting and Mr. Incredible took over. Our baby had finally worn down and the ambulance was called out three times to our home by our 9 yr. old, Warrior. A young boy who was asked to become a man, making and giving crucial information to the 911 operator.
Mr. Incredible could not bring him around and he was rushed via ambulance to the closest hospital. Mr. Incredible had started CPR on Dash until the paramedics arrived. He ever so lightly puffed as we were trained to do, he could hear the clogged flem escape from his passage way. Sweetheart who was 2 1/2 yrs. old was traumatized by this night. For a full year each time she heard sirens or saw emergency lights she would scream in utter terror and wet herself. WE worked hard to help her through this.
This bout of RSV was severe. He needed to be transported to a different hospital but was not stable enough to make the transport. They felt they would lose him if they transported him. We were stuck in a hospital that could not help him. I watched five skilled people attend to him and watched his lips continue to turn to a sickly grey.
Dash needed a blessing. I didn't care that it was 2am. He needed one and woke the whole ward looking for one who could attend and get there quickly. Doctors were skeptical and lurked near by as a blessing was given. Very shortly, Dash stabilized and was capable of being transported.
I did not leave his side. I did not shower. I did not sleep, I did not eat. Mr. Incredible took care of EVERYTHING! He worked from home, he took care of three children, he cooked for them every night and he cleaned. He truly is amazing.
How many men do you know can step up like that?
Eleven days had gone by and I was getting snippy with everyone and agitated with the nurses. I HAD to hit the nurse call button many times when I finally panicked and would shout, "GET IN HERE" He's NOT BREATHING!!as I watched his sat levels drop to single digits. I did not feel at anytime that I could leave his side. I didn't want my baby to hit a code blue before the nurses would enter his room. So, I stood vigil.
I broke down in tears and in frustration and Mr. Incredible adamantly insisted that I go home and see our other children, that I take a shower and get some sleep. I surprisingly, went without resistance. He would be there for Dash.
Before I left doctors arrived with disappointing news. Dash needed to make a change for the better or they would paralyze him and intubate him so the machines would breathe for him. If they had to do this it would not be a good sign. I left the hospital knowing that I might receive a phone call that he had passed.
I arrived home and I took a much needed hot shower. In the shower, I poured my soul unto the Lord. I couldn't go on like this anymore. I couldn't take it anymore. I had fought with every ounce that I had to keep my son, here on earth with me. I felt like as hard as I was fighting to keep him here with me, forces were fighting to take him.
I gave complete will over to Heavenly Father. If he wanted him, he could take him because I was through. I couldn't carry on like this anymore. My fight was over. If He needed him more than I He should take him.
As I stepped out of the shower, toweled my wet body, the phone rang and my heart sank. (I had just tempted the Lord) I didn't want to answer it. Caller ID confirmed it was the hospital. He was getting stronger. There was no need to intubate. My deepest desire was answered.
I know what it is to give your will over completely to the Lord. I know what it is to take that complete leap of faith when everything else is dark. I know what it is to be caught in the encircling arms of our Father's love. I know that because of these trials I am stronger. I K NOW.
Please share your leap of faith story! If you are teary eyed and would like a roller coaster of mood swings please visit the post below or click here, Dragged through the dirt. Just watch the video!
60 comments:
what a beautiful testimony to the power of prayer...and FAITH in our Father in Heaven.
Wow, it always amazes me how strong we are. I loved Sister Beck's conference talk when she said she use to have a sign that says, "I can do hard things" and would like one that says, "I can do all things with the strength of the Lord" ( something close to that) because I too have been amazed at the pain I have been able to walk through but I do not doubt for a minute that I can only do it with Heavenly Father right there by my side. He truly carried you. Life is so very fragile. Thanks for sharing this tender sweet story.
Goose...I am sitting here bawling...what an amazing story of your testimony. What an example you are. Thank you so much for sharing this.
I felt everything so strongly. You are so faithful. I know that you have helped alot of people with sharing your testimony on this experience. What a blessing. Appreciate you sharing. You are such a great team family.
If you're going to write something like that- you've got to pass out some kleenex first!
Thanks for sharing such an incredible story with all of us. My heart is full for you and your family and for the strength you gained from such a difficult experience. I can't even imagine.
But I too know that all things are possible with the Lord on our side. It's amazing that when we are at our lowest points in our trials, the Lord strengthens us and brings us not only to overcome the trial, but to rise above and grow and learn.
Next time you post like that please for-warn that Kleenex is NECESSARY!! I am still crying!!
What a BEAUTIFUL story and testimony!! I am always so much more appreciative of the blessings that we are so freely given and the miracles that happen all around us when I hear testimony like that!! We all need to be reminded of the importance of leaving it to the Lord!! Thanks for that!!
WOW, that was apowerful testimony of the Lord, truly a tender mercy. Thanks for sharing such an intimate moment in your life. You are an amazing woman goose!
This is an amazing amazing story. I am crying. How Sweet and scary and wonderful and horrible.
Thanks for reading my email and letting me know you thought she was upset and it was not just me.
Thanks, for your strong testimony. You are a powerful example to us all. m
It is the moments we submit our will to His that change everything. You really never cease to amaze me...This was a beautiful post with an important reminder for all of us. Thank you.
you just made me cryyyyyyyyyyy!
and i mean that.
this is a STORY for something...some magazine... a Lifetime movie....
but i tell you what. if nothing else... you really did just strengthen the testimony of a little tennessee girl named Merrianne.
thank you.
and i love you for that.
Ok, wiping away tears here. I agree that we tend to forget why we are doing so well when we are, and then expect help when we aren't doing so well. After hearing that movie stars and who ever thank God when they win awards but never think about him other wise, I've been looking at what is positive in life and be sure to thank Him all of the time. What a faith promoting story. It's to bad that we have to have some of those. Dash has a special mission to do!
Love, Love the new Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Layout!! Very Cool!!
That is awesome, beautiful, and amazing! Thanks for sharing!
what a beautiful story. you and your family are truly amazing people.
Wow! Wonderful story, thanks for sharing. I never knew what it felt like to fear for your child's life until my daughter was given cashews at church. She happens to be deathly allergic to cashews. They had to keep shooting her with epi-pens in the ambulence and pumping her with oxygen and that's when I really felt the fear of the possibility of losing a child. Thankfully, it wasn't as long or scary as your ordeal. I'm sure you are being blessed because of your faith. Thanks again for telling us! :-)
Beautiful story Chrys. I remember this time. I remember talking to Bill on the phone and praying for your family. You stayed so strong. It is amazing to me to see your little man so strong with such humble beginnings. He is strong in every way.
Thank you for sharing.
I know now why I was drawn to your blog, you are totally amazing. I was drawn to your personality, your testimony and williness to bear it to all of us bloggers, you will truly be blessed. You are an inspiration to me. Thanks
Thanks for sharring!I have tears dripping down my face! God Bless you! You sure have beautiful children!
All weepy here and blowing my nose on a kid's t-shirt (it was clean too, darn it). But worth it for that moving story.
My last two were preemies. The very last, IS the VERY last for just that reason. I remember when I got to that point with her too. I wonder why we are so willful and have to go through so much before we are willing to "let go and let God". Thanks for sharing your testimony with us.
My number three was hospitalized twice with RSV, but was never in as much danger as your little baby!
I always just wonder how the people who don't pray - let alone not have the priesthood - make it through this life sane. I am so grateful for those avenues of help and comfort.
Wow! What a powerful, moving story. Thanks so much for sharing.
That was a tough post! What great faith. What an immense trial. I have many tears in my eyes. I'm so glad he pulled through.
Thank you for this. You've shared much of your soul - it's beautiful.
p.s. love the new layout!
You are a Truly Righteous Woman. A true daughter of God. You have endured what most of us mothers can only fear & pray we won't have to walk in these shoes..
I am SO glad he is ok now. I am so greatful that you made it out of this so strong & valiant. You are an amazing woman.
M.G. Thank you for sharing this...your faith makes such an impact on me. You went through hell and made it to the other side...it gives hope...I hope I can be strong like you. I hope Sweetheart does better now? That saddened me so much, how was Beauty, she was the only one you didn't mention...how she dealt with this...Thank you...it's no wonder I find you amazing.
Thanks for sharing!
What an experience. To have to be so strong and constantly prayerful. I'm drained by just reading about what you went through. That test of faith is always so painful. . . after the trial cometh the blessings.
Thank you. I REALLY needed this today.
I'm just reading this today because I knew when I saw the baby picture it was going to be a tear jerker. Boy was it ever.
What an amazing incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing your heart about prayer and faith. What a wonderful testimony buildng story this is for me and for your family.
What a wonderful story to read on the Sabbath.
By the way, I love your pink layout!
I tried to post yesterday but it wouldn't let me! My oldest was born at 32 weeks and was in the NICU for 3 weeks. Then at 4 years old she had to have heart surgery. It is amazing how the power of prayer and many blessings will strengthen your testimony. You feel so alone, but in those moments you are never left, you are being carried by the savior. Much like that poem of footsteps in the sand. So true! Thanks for sharing this story! It brought back many feelings that I had not forgotten but just stored away! You are truly blessd! What a blessing it is to have your son here! He is truly a miracle!
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story!!!
Thank you for this story. I was fasting this week end for my trip to the US so I'll have a clear mind concerning the decision I should make (one way or another).
I must admit that I have run away from such leap of faith. I have had incredible spiritual experiences this year but nothing that really requires faith in this way. The only thing I can share is how far January 2008 sounds to October 2008. It feels like another world and not because of my choice really but this one: I have accepted to surrender and stop fighting what I know is good for me. It is not a leap of faith but rather an end of rebellion.
I wonder sometimes if I'd be able to handle one of my child being so fragile or losing a child. I wonder and I must say that I don't rally want an answer.
the only thing that I hope if I should vere go through this is that my husband will be a good priesthood holder.
Hey and I liked the way your blog looked like the last time better than now. BRING IT BACK!
thank you for sharing this.
^^wiping away the tears^^
God bless ya, kathleen
PS. if you want to read my leap of faith story, i posted it on my blog near the top where it says "my articles." glad things got better for your little one :)
Oh, my dear--I was just thinking two paragraphs up, that you really know how to send my emotions to the extremes.
Yesterday, I'm ROFL and today, I'm bawling like a baby.
I was just commenting on someone else's blog, about how our will is the only gift we can give back to our Father--and really even then, he repays us in spades.
Sweet post--Thanks!
This is awesome. And I just LOVE your post about Beauty having rain on her wedding day!
I've lurked you a few times so I figured you'd be OK with my little poem over a CJ's. At least, you seemed to be cool like that ;P I secretly wish I knew you for reals :D
And I was totally jealous of your Boston trip. I gew up a few hours north of there and miss it so much when the leaves don't change here in AZ. Thanks for those great pics!
This is awesome. And I just LOVE your post about Beauty having rain on her wedding day!
I've lurked you a few times so I figured you'd be OK with my little poem over a CJ's. At least, you seemed to be cool like that ;P I secretly wish I knew you for reals :D
And I was totally jealous of your Boston trip. I gew up a few hours north of there and miss it so much when the leaves don't change here in AZ. Thanks for those great pics!
thanks so much for sharing this story - you all sure have had some amazing miracles and emotional rides - so glad to have my faith boosted by reading your words.
I read your post and cried. It brought back so many difficult memories.
I too have stood that painful vigil over a premature baby. My twins were 11 weeks early and very small. Bethany did not breathe for 12 minutes- they kept trying to intubate her and performed CPR but it just wasn't working. The nurse returned to the delievery room and gave my doctor the 'No' sign- this little 2 pound baby wasn't going to make it.
My husband poured his heart out to the Lord on the hospital roof and promised him we'd take her anyway he was willing to give her to us- no matter what health problems she might have from the oxygen deprivation. She was also given a special blessing.
Today, she's a healthy, happy 8 year old with no long term health complications. There is no medical explanation for it. Our very own miracle. The Lord is indeed good and it is the hardest thing to subjugate our will to his.
Thanks for posting. I'm glad we both got to keep those precious spirits in our homes. What a blessing!
Thank you for sharing that story.
You are so strong, Goose. Helping a sick child has never been a trial I've had to deal with. I hope I never have to! So glad everything worked out well and he is fine now.
That is some great faith! I am sure glad he is fine. RSV is so scary especially those who are premature, but even to a 1 year old pretty scary. My son got that at 1 and now it seems as if he gets the smallest cold so easy!
Thanks for the story, very inspiring.
Liz
Goose, you continue to amaze me! You are one strong woman! What an example you are to all of us!!! THANK YOU! I love it when you share your testimony, it is always so strong!
I don't know if I can be friends, you have way too many comments ;)
Hey I can take that not so cute border off your header let me know and I will give instructions...
MG, thanks for sharing this beautiful testimony. What an uplifting thing for me to read on the Sabbath. My heart goes out to you for what you went through and is grateful to you for your example.
Hugs and love.
Mother Goose, Thank you for this post. I needed this reminder of "faith" and letting go, trusting our father in heaven. I am so grateful such wonderful word of wisdom right now. As I cry my puddles of tears. I know what you say is true. Your experience is not far from one I had when my oldest was born. We were not sure if he would live or die for a week. Because of lack of white blood cells when born he got a bad infection. It should have taken his life. My hubby and his friend gave a wonderful blessing to him. To day to look at him you would not know that he was so close to death. Here I sit being reminded of that faith, which I really need right now. Thanks again. Although we have never met in person, I feel like you’re a kindred spirit.
Love the new back ground and sweet music.
Wow...a wonderful story of 100% faith in God! Thank you so much for sharing this! God is good, all the time! xoxo
how horribly frightening...isn't it amazing that when we let go and let God the situation improves??
Thank you for sharing that story. It was supremely inspirational! Glad to see that picture of Dash using his lungs so well at baseball.
I loved reading your amazing post just now, and it reminds me of the promises I've made also with The Man Upstairs. In 1992, I said to Heavenly Father if you help us get this house...I will have a third baby. The very next day, our loan was approved and we moved in with the month. Fall of '93...I had Dakota. Longest delivery ever-but we both survived, and he is an angel child. Recently, I made another deal-that if a certain pedophile relative didn't move into my town- I would serve in ANY calling I was given. This miracle has happened and I went from teaching Y.W. to nursery that month. I feel very blessed and taken care of- "safe" :)
I didn't know you had a preemie!
My 4th child, Benjamin was born 10 weeks premature. My leap of faith story is about my preemie as well. He didn't have RSV but he did have chronic, life threatening respiratory issues for the first 4 years of his life. We were in and out of hospitals and specialists offices constantly. one time he had 4 hospitalizations in a matter of 2 weeks. As soon as he was stable we'd get sent home and he'd make a turn for the worse and we'd be back. 4 years of living on the edge, every cough or wheeze incited panic.
After a particularly stressful PICU stay at age 4 I poured my heart out to the Lord that I couldn't do it any more. Not ONE more time--I'd done all I could on my own, sought out every ounce of help I knew how to find and nothing...nothing ever changed. Nobody could ever figure out what to do to prevent his respiratory failure. Then the thought came to my mind "Knowledge is Power". HUH? I'm no Dr...I only know what I know--what good is that? Well by the time I got home from another useless let-down specialist appt I got online. I searched and searched until I found the nations leading respiratory hospital. It was in Colorado and I had a family of 8...one baby nursing...and I didn't think we could swing it but we felt this might be our only hope for a normal life for our son. We held fundraisers, carwashes, raffles, rummage sales, etc. He was immediately accepted into their two week program and in a few months we there!
Longer story not quite as long...he got new diagnoses, new and aggressive treatments, surgeries before coming home. He was a new kid! He still shows impacts of prematurity but the life threatening stuff is no more!! I'm so thankful that when I knew I couldn't take it anymore Heavenly Father knew too and threw me a rope. We're so blessed!
wow! holy COW so scary as a mother to have to sit by and watch. WHAT AN AMAZING story of your faith.
Absolutely amazing.... how wonderful that Dash has you and hubby to pull him through on this earth along with his Heavenly Father.
My biggest leap of faith? Where do I start? Probably getting married!
Yep! Getting married AND having FIVE kids AND raising them AND teaching them everything it takes to get them where they belong....
Like I said...where do I start?
Thank you all for sharing such words of inspiration and your own tender experiences with premature babies and RSV, I sat here in awe just reading your experiences. We have bonded on so many levels.
Wow...that was truly a wonderful testimony! Thanks for sharing that sweet story with us all!
I loved this story.. I can SO relate I had twins in the NICU and that is when you find out this life isn't up to you ,,it's up to HIM..
L, Marie
So where can I get one of these hula dance tapes?
Well, Mother Goose, when I read the first part of this post, I started crying. I just moved to an area that the members of the church have problems with commitment. I have been in quite a few other wards and this is by far the worst. Not just commitment, but won't fellowship or take the time to get to know eachother. I think there is more to it, but don't quite know how to explain it. Anyhow......I have been trying to overcome myself and try to trust in the Lord, that He did want us here for some reason, instead of sulking all the time and hating my life here. It has taken 6 months almost to come out of that, but little bit by little bit, it is going better.
I have just been given a calling that is going to stretch me from here to the moon. I feel like this is not at all in my limits, but what do I know? Doesn't the Lord know better than I do? Yes. I just need to trust in him with all of my being and I will be fine. I need to quit worrying about everyone else and only worry about what the Lord thinks. Isn't that easier said than done? I just needed to say that. Hope you can understand my jumbled thoughts today.
oh. wish I had read this a week ago. thank you.
Man, you can't tell stories like that to a pregnant lady...I am bawling my eyes out...I am so happy that he made it!!!!
And, I am inspired to give over my will better.
Post a Comment